Toivo is a band from Trumansburg, N.Y. playing music for social dancing - waltzes, tangos, polkas, cajun two steps, cheek to cheek slow dances, schottisches, hambos, reels, swing, and blues. Their music is a danceable mix of instrumentals and vocals with inspiration from the cajun dance halls of Louisiana, the Tex-Mex borderlands, country honky-tonks, and the Finnish dance halls and porches of the Finger Lakes.
The band consists of Richard Koski, diatonic button accordion; Jason Koski, mandolin; Stefan Senders, banjo; Jim Reidy & Paul Martin, guitar; Harley Campbell, upright bass; and Annie Campbell, snare drum.
TOiVO will be playing music at these events
- Sat Oct 13, 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM at Ithaca Farmer's Market
- Fri Oct 19, 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM at Red Newt Winery Bistro
- Sun Nov 4, 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM at Trumansburg Conservatory of Fine Arts
- Sun Feb 17, 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM at Red Newt Winery Bistro
Listen to TOiVO
Traditional Finnish tune.
Bouncy tune written by Richard Koski.
Two-Step written by Richard Koski.
Tex-Mex medley. Asi Se Baila en Tejas ( This Is The Way They Dance In Texas ) is from [Tony De La Rosa](https://www.discogs.com/artist/1095336-Tony-De-La-Rosa]
Waltz written by [Narciso Martinez](https://www.discogs.com/artist/1242987-Narciso-Martinez)
Photos of TOiVO
TOiVO Band Members
- Richard Koski leader, button accordion, and vocals
- Annie Campbell artist and snare drum
- Harley Campbell string bass and vocals
- Jason Koski posters, photographer, and mandolin
- Paul Martin guitar and vocals
- James Reidy website, guitar, and vocals
- Stefan Senders guitar, banjo, and vocals
Contact TOiVO through this email address.